The headlines are out – TRUMP WINS! As news of the result was confirmed, they began to send congratulations – some fulsome, some more tentative – to the business mogul.
“We heard the campaign statements of the future US presidential candidate about the restoration of relations between Russia and the United States,” Mr Putin said on Wednesday.
“It is not an easy path, but we are ready to do our part and do everything to return Russian and American relations to a stable path of development. – Russia
“We look forward to working together with the new US administration to push forward consistent, healthy and stable China-US relations which could be beneficial to the people of the two countries and to the world.” – China
“Iran and America have no political relations, but it is important that the future US president realises his duty to uphold the multilateral obligations of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, and we expect the international community to require this of the United States of America,” – Iran
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he hoped to reach “new heights” in relations with Mr Trump, who he described as “a true friend of the state of Israel”.
“I look forward to working with him to advance security, stability and peace in our region,” he said. – Israel
See more reactions here: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37919394
So, what does the fact that Trump wins mean for you?
A few points to ponder:
- We may have bought ourselves some time, especially against oppressive government overreach and politicization of agencies like the IRS, Justice Department/FBI, Supreme Court, etc.
- After the inauguration, we may have a little room to breathe.
- Trump may still be a wildcard on some conservative issues.
- Anything can happen between now and January 20, 2017.
- Non administration threats like the economy, terrorism, etc., have not diminished.
So what are you going to to? Leave your comments below!